Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just a quick post, more to follow soon...

Since I last blogged, we had my grandpa's birthday dinner, my niece had her baby, Zac got sick again, I went to the Scrapbook Expo, a trip to the Urgent Care (twice), Zeke's first baseball game and a friend's party. Whew...are you as tired as I am? My grandpa's dinner was nice. Herschel bbqed tri-tip and potatoes, and my mom and dad prepared the rest. My grandma and grandpa just enjoyed visiting and watching "the boyfriends" playing. I can't believe it, my grandpa is now 82. And to think that my grandma is even older and they are both doing well. That same day, my niece had her baby. She had a little girl, Juliet. As far as I know they are both doing well. We are yet to see her because of all of the chaos.
On Friday, I went to the Scrapbook Expo in Pleasanton with my parents and Zac. He was doing well until we got there and then he got really warm. I took him outside to cool him off and get him some fresh air. He then seemed to be a little better. After seeing him, I realized that I shouldn't have dragged him out. Then I started stressing about him and realized that I needed to take him to the doctor. On the drive home, while sitting in traffic, I think I started to stress myself out, because I started not feeling well. When we got home, I had my dad take us to Urgent Care, where we waited for awhile. There the doctor, ran two breathing tests, tested him for RSV, took two x-rays and gave him a steroid. After all of that, she was still contemplating admitting him to the hospital. Luckily the on-call pediatrician told her to let him go home and for me to bring him back in the morning to see the pediatrician.
So this morning I got up and got him ready to see the doctor at nine. When we got there, he tested him for the flu and that came back negative. So instead he diagnosed him with viral pneumonia. The treatment is to continue giving him his breathing treatments like I have been and to bring him back to see his doctor during the week sometime.
Later on in the afternoon, my mom watched Zac so that I could go and watch Zeke's first baseball game. The weather was chilly and windy and eventually raining. Zeke played second base and made the first out at first to start off the inning. Yay Zeke! He went on to make the final out of that inning by catching a pop fly. He made an excellent catch! Then when he was up to bat, he had a great hit and thanks to his other team mates, he made it home to score. They only played two innings and then called the game due to rain. I didn't get any photos yet because it was way too chilly to be standing up.
Soon, after Zeke's game, we went and picked up a friend and went to a birthday party for one of our high school friends that also moved back to the west coast. Herschel and I used to hang out with him quite a bit before he left. It's good to have him back. He is a lot of fun.
As for now, I am trying to give Zac his breathing treatments in hopes that he won't cough so much during the night. His poor stomach and chest muscles must be hurting him. Well, this week I don't have anything to do but nurse my kiddo. Well if you made it thru that blog, you are a true fan and I appreciate it tons!

No comments: