It all started last week when my grandpa was complaining of chest pains. His doctor sent him to see a heart specialist. That doctor ran some tests and then wanted to talk to my grandpa later that afternoon. The doctor found plaque around his heart and he was going to schedule him to have it removed on Monday morning. Well Sunday night came around and my grandpa had a "slight" heart attack. My parents called the paramedics and he was taken to the er. On Monday morning, he had his procedure and the doctor found that he had one artery 100% blocked, second one was 95% blocked and the third one was 90% blocked. It was so bad that his blood was re-routing itself. The doctor then scheduled him for open heart surgery on Friday morning. I saw my grandpa twice in the hospital. I just feel so bad for him.
To make things a little more stressful for me, Zac got a fever of 101 on Thursday evening. I took him to Urgent Care and they tested him for flu but it was negative. They gave him some medicine which he threw up as we were trying to give it to him. On Friday night, his fever reached 103, so I took him back to Urgent Care. They didn't retest him but they gave him new meds. Apparently the doctor didn't believe me when I said that he throws up when given meds, so she decided to try it. She was warned. They still don't know what's wrong with him but that his fever goes up and then responds to the tylenol. Luckily, I have been able to put the tylenol in grape juice for him.
My grandpa is still in the ICU and he is still disoriented but all of his vitals are looking good. Hopefully he will be out of the ICU tomorrow.
1 comment:
What a good mama you are! I'm so sorry you guys are going through a rough patch. Hopefully everything will be ok with both your grandpa and Zac!
Post a Comment