Friday, July 30, 2010

Way past due...

I have put the blogging on the back burner for quite some time, but I think I am ready to get back in to it! Besides I have so many new photos to share! First off, we kicked summer vacation off with a trip to the beach. Pismo Beach to be exact! It was such a much needed relaxing vacation. We visited the beach, made sand castles, the boys swam at the pool, we ate at McClintocks and did some reading. It was just nice to get away from everything for a week. I was so proud of Zac for actually getting his hands dirty in the sand. For those of you that aren't aware, he tends to get a little freaked out if he can't clean his hands off immediately.




After that trip, I made a trip with one of my best friends to Chicago to see another one of my best friends. It was a lot of fun but it was also a trip that went by quickly. While we were there, we did an architectural boat tour, walked around downtown Chicago, took in a Cubs game, went out for my bestie's birthday and hung out with my husband's family. My boys were a little upset for going without them...





After getting back from that trip, we celebrated the 4th of July! It was a great day spent at my inlaws for a bbq.





And after that, we have stayed home and worked on a bunch of projects around the house. It all started with a garage sale. I was planning on the garage sale for the middle of July, so I was going around the house gathering items to sell. During this time we added Zac to Zeke's room and made Zac's old room the new toy room. And as for the toy room, that became the new arts & crafts room. We are almost done with finishing up the arts & crafts room. A little more tidying up and it will be all ready to create in there! As I write this, I cannot believe that August is this weekend and that my boys will be heading back to school in a couple of weeks. The summer has just flown by....

No comments: