Monday, May 11, 2009

Vegas Baby...Yeah!

We left for Vegas on Friday morning at about seven in the morning. We were there by ten and shortly thereafter we met two fabulous friends at their gate. From there we went to our hotel, the MGM Grand and checked in. We all walked around the strip for awhile before heading back to hang out by the pool. We were kicked out of the pool area because they were closing. Their pools close really early. We didn't mind because we needed to get ready to see Dave Matthews Band! We ordered room service so that we could make it to the concert on time. Poor sweet Mark got a little sick due to my husband's influences and he was a little late showing up to the concert. But they both made it. The next day the boys went and played golf while Stef and I did some walking and shopping. Hersh managed to hurt his back during the second hole of golf and hasn't been the same since. We hurried and got ready for dinner later that night and had a very yummy meal at a steakhouse in New York, New York. I got a little silly at that meal. Didn't take much considering I hadn't eaten much. After that we had round two of Dave Matthews Band. I'm not gonna lie, the second day was my fave mainly because he played "Dreaming Tree". That is my favorite song of his and that was the first time I have heard it live. I was in love simply because he was near me.

On Sunday we were sad to go because we had such a great time, but all good things must come to an end. But first it got even better. While we were waiting for our flight to leave, Southwest was asking for volunteers to stay in Vegas and go on a later flight. Well after discussing it with the honey, we decided to volunteer. I'm so glad we did because we got vouchers for $700 to fly where ever Southwest flies and they are good for a year. Not to mention when we got back on the strip, Hersh would periodically play some blackjack at various tables during the course of the day and he won close to $500. Like we were saying, Vegas paid us to stay longer! It was an awesome weekend with incredible friends. We can't wait to do it again! But before I leave you this evening, of course I have pictures to share:




No comments: